Uncooked soups do need a powerful blender or liquidiser, as they need to break up raw vegetables. If you find your blender is not up to it, then gently cook the ingredients and then blend. You won’t loose much nutritional value however it’s worth trying the raw heated version, if you can.
For an added boost, just before serving, sprinkle a dessertspoon of nutritional yeast flakes over the top. They do NOT have the activated form of yeast that some people have a sensitivity to and they offer you a good source of B vitamins plus a slight ‘cheese’ flavour to the soup.
The soup can be very gently heated but not boiled otherwise the raw nutritional value will be lost.
- 300 gm/ 10.5 oz (approximately 3 large) carrots chopped
- 150 gm/ 5.5 oz washed spinach. If using the large leaf variety roughly chop before adding to the blender
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 750 mls/ 1.5 pints of bouillon or vegetable stock
- Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a powerful blended. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add seasoning if required.
- Gently heat, do not boil.